Monday, January 22, 2007

Open House at Delahunt's

I'm a little late on this, but in case you missed it there were two amusing articles last week on the living conditions of Congressman Bill Delahunt (D-Quincy) and his three roommates, Senators Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Congresman/Landlord George Miller (D-CA). On Thursday, the Boston Globe and the New York Times had stories describing Schumer's love of cereal and Durbin's ability to kill rats. More disturbingly, is this image from the Times:

Mr. Delahunt, a six-term congressman, is the least prominent of the four but perhaps the funniest. More to the point, he is the only one willing to sleep in the living room with a close-up view of Mr. Schumer slumbering a few feet away in his boxers.
As an aside, I think I hit the liberal trifecta with this story. I first heard about the New York Times article on NPR and didn't read until I saw it on Daily Kos. To be fair, I was neither driving a hybrid nor drinking a latte at the time.