Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Election Day!

Today, as many of you are aware is Election Day in most of Massachusetts' cities, including Boston, Cambridge, and Watertown. Please, get out and vote. Democracy is only as good as the people who participate. As always, you can find your polling place here: www.WhereDoIVoteMA.com. Polls here in Watertown have just opened, and I'm on my out. I hope to see some of you there!

Update: Just voted at the Hosmer School. There was a big presence for Jonathan Hecht, Sal Ciccarelli, Susan Falkoff, JD Donahue and Yes on 1 -- all good choices as far as I'm concerned. There was no line, which I kind of expected. I'm not sure who that favors, but maybe it won't even matter because of the new Diebold voting machines. He (or she) who hacks the vote first, wins!

I'm mostly kidding. Although, last year they gave us a little sleeve to hide our ballots in while we were waiting to shove them in the optical scanner so no one could look over your shoulder to see how you voted. This year -- no sleeve, so anyone who cared enough could sneak a peek at your ballot. I'm sure no one would go to such lengths, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.